The Secrets of Happiness by The School of Life
The secrets of happiness are not as complicated as you might think! This 60-second video by “the school of life” explains it all! Definitely worth a watch!
The Secrets of Happiness at a Glance:
- Stop being so hopeful. Look at the glass as half empty and be grateful when something good happens. A lot of people go around thinking that life is a bowl of cherries. It isn’t.
- Stop ranting about how awful other people are. Most people aren’t evil. Accept that other people have bad days too and that it has nothing to do with you.
- Think of death a lot. Keep a skull on your table. A subtle reminder to use your time wisely and appreciate the time you’ve already been given. Thanks, death!
- Laugh at yourself. You’re not the idiot you think you are. You’re lovable and laughable. Don’t be so hard on yourself!
- Make regular appointments to talk with someone you don’t normally check in with a lot: YOU! What do you really want? What are you really anxious about? When was the last time you took yourself on a date?
- Stop the impossible task of trying to make yourself happy. Concentrate on cheering other people up. Seeing happiness in other people helps you to cheer up too!
- Look at things from a different and far away perspective. Like from space. Things will look the size they always should’ve been- tiny and insignificant.
- Throw your phone off a cliff for a bit. Talk to your partner, your mother, someone close to you. Chances are you’ve been bent over that thing all day and haven’t even noticed that the sun is shining.
- Give up on the idea that you should be normal. The only normal people, are people you don’t know yet. Everyone is weird and that’s totally okay.
Image source: The school of life on youtube.com